Utah's Hometown ~ Baseball, hot dogs and apple pie -- we don't just say it, we live it! Kaysville is the type of city people love to call home. An active community where traditions are kept, families are valued, and citizens enjoy a sense of belonging and the spirit of community.
We're uniquely situated and conveniently located "in the middle of everything." Kaysville isn't just a great place to live, it's a great place to do business. Great accessibility and low taxes are just some of the benefits our businesses enjoy. It's obvious why Kaysville has become Utah's Hometown. Come see what all of the fuss is about.


City Highlights

City Council Members

Filing Period - June 1-8

Three Council Member positions will be voted on this year. Any person desiring to run for office must file a Declaration of Candidacy in person with the City Recorder between June 1-8, 2015 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  A $100 non-refundable filing fee is required at the time of filing.


Qualifications for candidacy are:

  • Be a citizen of the United States
  • Be a registered voter of Kaysville City
  • Be a resident of the municipality or recently annexed area for 12 consecutive months immediately before the date of the election
  • Not be a convicted felon unless the right to hold elective office has been restored

Planning Commission

Applications Being Accepted To Fill Open Position

Kaysville City has a position open on the Planning Commission.  Members of the Planning Commission make recommendations to the City Council regarding land use matters, such as land use ordinances, zoning, subdivision plats, the General Plan, etc. Applicants must reside in Kaysville City and have lived in Kaysville City for at least one year prior to their appointment.  Applications are available here.  Return completed applications to Mayor Hiatt at City Hall (23 East Center Street, Kaysville) or email to feedback@kaysvillecity.com by 5:00 p.m. June 1, 2015.

Police Station Open House

Celebrate the New Home of the Kaysville Police Department
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony - June 26 @ 10:00 a.m.
Open House - June 27 @ 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

The Kaysville Police Department will be conducting an open house and giving tours of the new police station which is located at 80 North Main Street.  This is a great opportunity to meet the Kaysville City police officers and learn about the great programs and services offered by your Police Department.  We look forward to collaborating with you about the safety and security of Kaysville City.  

City Council Meetings

Meeting Days Change in 2016

Beginning in January 2016, City Council meetings will change from the first and third Tuesday to the first and third Thursday of each month.  Meetings begin at 7:00 p.m. and are held at City Hall.

Main Street Improvements

UDOT Begins Work On June 1

Crews will resurface the roadway of Main Street from 200 South to U.S. 89.  The project will remove a layer of pavement and then install new pavement.  Other work includes replacing pedestrian ramps and striping the new pavement.  The project is expected to finish mid-July 2015.  Paving work will occur during daytime and nighttime hours Monday through Friday.  Various phases of the project will require multiple passes throughout the construction corridor.  One lane will remain open in each direction. Expect delays and use alternate routes if possible.  The schedule is subject to change due to weather and materials availability.  

For questions or concerns, call 1-888-427-8585 or email sr-273resurfacing@utah.gov.  To receive email updates, send a request to the email address.