Kaysville City Elections
Meet the Candidates Night was held October 17, 2017.
The General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 7, 2017.
Kaysville City 2017 Notice of Municipal Election
In accordance with UCA 10-3-301 notice is hereby given that the following City positions are to be voted upon in the Kaysville City 2017 Municipal Election:
- Council Members - 2
- Positions will serve a four-year term.
The filing window for eligible candidates is June 1, 2017 to June 7, 2017. Declaration of Candidacy Forms or Nomination Petition must be filed in person with the City Recorder at:
23 E Center Street
Kaysville, UT 84037
Candidates are subject to financial disclosure requirements identified in UCA 10-3-208.
A Primary Election will be held (if needed) on August 15, 2017. The General Election will take place on November 7, 2017.
All voter registration is handled by Davis County. For further information contact the Davis County Clerk's Office.
Key Election Dates
- Candidate Filing Period - Between June 1 and June 7, 2017, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Meet the Candidates Night - Tuesday, October 17, 2017 from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at City Hall Council Chambers (23 E Center St., Kaysville, UT). Hosted by the League of Women Voters, this is an opportunity to meet the candidates prior to the Elections to determine their views on City matters.
- Primary Election - Tuesday, August 15, 2017. Ballots will be mailed out three (3) weeks prior and can be mailed back to the Davis County Assessor’s office or dropped in a ballot box at Kaysville City Hall.
- General Election - Tuesday, November 7, 2017. Ballots will be mailed out three (3) weeks prior and can be mailed back to the Davis County Assessor’s office or dropped in a ballot box at Kaysville City Hall. If you prefer to vote in person, there will be a Polling location at Kaysville City Hall on Election Day (General Election). The ballot will include candidates for Mayor and two City Council positions.
Voters have the opportunity to surrender their ballot via mail, in the drop box located at Kaysville City Hall or vote via voting machines on Election Day. Kaysville City utilizes voting by mail. The Path of Your Ballot By Mail (PDF)
Registered Voter Requirement
Prior to voting in an election, you must be a registered voter. To be eligible to register you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be at least 18 years old on the day of the election.
- Be a resident of Utah for at least 30 days immediately before the election.
- Reside in the voting district or precinct in which the person applied to register to vote.