On June 16, 2016 the Kaysville City Council passed an ordinance prohibiting the discharge of fireworks within specified areas of Kaysville City effective immediately.
These prohibited locations, designated as “High Fire Hazard Areas”, are highlighted in yellow on the map below. Discharge of fireworks of any type within these High Fire Hazard Areas is a violation of this ordinance and a Class B Misdemeanor.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Kaysville City Fire Department at 801-544-2860.
SALES AND DISCHARGE DATES
Class “C” fireworks can be sold on the following dates:
June 23 – July 27
December 29 – December 31
2 days before and on Chinese New Year’s Eve
Between the hours of 11 a.m. and 11 p.m. except as noted:
July 1 – July 7
(July 4 hours extended to midnight)
July 21 – 27
(July 24 hours extended to midnight)
(11am – 1am Jan. 1)
Chinese New Year’s Eve
(11am – 1am the following day)
Here are a few safety tips from the National Council on Fireworks Safety
- Use fireworks outdoors only.
- Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you live, do not use them!
- Always have water handy (a hose or buckets of water).
- Only use fireworks as intended. DO NOT try to alter them or combine them.
- Never re-light a “dud” firework (wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water).
- Use common sense when using fireworks. Spectators should keep a safe distance from the fireworks. The person lighting the fireworks should wear safety glasses.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix! Have a “designated” person light fireworks.
- Only persons over age 12 should be allowed to handle sparklers of any type.
- DO NOT ever use homemade fireworks or illegal explosives; they can kill! Report illegal explosives to the fire or police department in your community.