On June 16, 2016 the Kaysville City Council passed an ordinance prohibiting the discharge of fireworks within specified areas of Kaysville City effective immediately. (Kaysville Ordinance 7-4-5)
These prohibited locations, designated as “High Fire Hazard Areas”, are highlighted in yellow on the map below. Discharge of fireworks of any type within these High Fire Hazard Areas is a violation of this ordinance and a Class B Misdemeanor.
Should you have any questions, please contact the Kaysville City Fire Department at 801-544-2860.
SALES AND DISCHARGE DATES
Class “C” fireworks can be sold on the following dates:
June 23 – July 27
December 29 – December 31
2 days before and on Chinese New Year’s Eve
Between the hours of 11 a.m. and 11 p.m. except as noted:
July 1 – July 7
(July 4 hours extended to midnight)
July 21 – 27
(July 24 hours extended to midnight)
(11am – 1am Jan. 1)
Chinese New Year’s Eve
(11am – 1am the following day)
*if New Year's eve is on a Sunday and the local governmental jurisdiction determines to celebrate New Year's eve on the prior Saturday (Dec 30), then it is lawful to discharge Class C common state approved explosives on that prior Saturday;
Here are a few safety tips from the National Council on Fireworks Safety
- Use fireworks outdoors only.
- Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you live, do not use them!
- Always have water handy (a hose or buckets of water).
- Only use fireworks as intended. DO NOT try to alter them or combine them.
- Never re-light a “dud” firework (wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water).
- Use common sense when using fireworks. Spectators should keep a safe distance from the fireworks. The person lighting the fireworks should wear safety glasses.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix! Have a “designated” person light fireworks.
- Only persons over age 12 should be allowed to handle sparklers of any type.
- DO NOT ever use homemade fireworks or illegal explosives; they can kill! Report illegal explosives to the fire or police department in your community.