721 West Old Mill Lane
After-Hour Emergency: 801-299-7733
Answering Service: 801-295-1873
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Garbage and Recycling
Garbage and Recycling Map and Calendars
Zoom in to your house or type in your address in the search bar to find your house. You will then be able to see which recycle color week and which garbage day you have. To see which recycle week we are currently in, check the agenda calendar to the right of the map.
Example: I live just west of Barnes Park. So I am Friday Blue. My garbage is dumped on Friday and my recycle week is blue.
If you would like static/printable versions of the map and calendar, please click on the buttons below.
Curbside recycling is offered by the City.
Pickup for blue recycling cans is every other week. See the calendar above for a schedule.
Pickup for green waste cans is weekly on the same day as your black can is picked up.
How recycling works:
- The blue recycling container must be used for acceptable recyclable materials. Recyclables can be co-mingled or mixed together in one container.
- The recycling calendar shows red and blue weeks on the same day as your trash day.
- Please have your cans out to the curb by 6:00 a.m. or the night before. Routes change from time to time and your container may be some of the first collected that day. By combining recycling collection with the collection of regular garbage pickup, times may be altered.
- Place the container in the street with the wheels against the curb or within 2 feet of the blacktop if no curb exists, with the front of the container facing the street. Containers must be placed 4 feet apart and 8 feet from mailboxes, poles, fences, trees, or parked vehicles for easy access. Do not place cans under low trees or other overhead obstructions.
- The container has an inventory number which is assigned to each household. Customers are responsible for the containers delivered to their address. The container must remain on your property and be properly cared for. If containers are lost or stolen, the homeowner will be charged for a repalcement container (approximately $50.00). Please leave the can at your residence when you move.
- Just like regular garbage pickup, there is no pickup of recyclables on July 4, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's Day. If your pickup day falls on one of these holidays, it will be picked up the next day. For those collected on the remaining days of a holiday week, please place your container out on your regular day, then be patient. Garbage collection will be back on schedule as soon as possible.
- Additional recycling containers are available for an additional $3.85 per month per container.
Garbage cans are provided to residential customers by the city. Each can has a serial number that connects it to a specific address. When you move, please do not take your garbage can with you. Additional cans can be obtained for $8.00 per month by calling 801-546-1235, but must be retained by the customer for a minimum of six months.
Please place your can at curbside by 6:00 a.m. on your collection day. All refuse must be placed inside the can.
Garbage collection does not take place on the following holidays: New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas. Garbage collection will be delayed one day following a holiday.
If you have more than one garbage can, maintain a distance of at least 6' between cans. Do not place cans underneath trees and keep them 15' clear of mailboxes, automobiles, or other obstacles. To facilitate better snow removal and mail delivery, and to reduce pranks and vandalism, bring garbage cans in from the street as quickly as possible after disposal. If your garbage can is lost or stolen you will be required to pay approximately $80.00 for a replacement.
DO place these items in your container: Normal household refuse, cardboard boxes (flatten or cut to save space), grass, leaves, yard trimmings, tree limbs or shrub trimmings (cut to fit inside container).
DO NOT place these items in your container: Hot ashes or coals, dirt, sod, rocks, concrete, flammable materials (oil, gas or paint), animal waste and remains, large bulky items (appliances, furniture, metal objects), construction, remodeling or demolition debris.
Davis Energy Recovery Facility/Davis Landfill
Citizens who would like to dispose of residential waste themselves are encouraged to do so by taking refuse to either the Energy Recovery Facility or the Landfill (follow signs on Highway 193 in Layton). Children and pets are not allowed outside vehicles at either facility and uncovered or unsecured loads will be charged double.
For more information, click here.