KAYSVILLE PARKS & RECREATION
721 West Old Mill Lane
Kaysville, UT 84037
85 North 100 East
(including bowery reservations)
Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Autumn Glow Senior Center
81 E. Center St.
Kaysville, Utah 84037
Built in 1991, the Autumn Glow Senior Activity Center began serving seniors in the Layton, Kaysville, Fruit Heights, Farmington, and Centerville areas. Autumn Glow serves hot meals and more than 120 home delivered meals each week day. We offer a variety of classes, trips, fun activities, volunteer opportunities, entertainment, and physical activity.
Join us Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Autumn Glow Class Descriptions
Calling Multi Generations!
Children/Teens 6 and up welcome to participate in any class if accompanied by an adult age 60 or older.
- Water Exercise- Water buoyancy exercise eases muscle movement in the water. Easy body exercises offered for physical fitness and muscle strengthening. 9-10 a.m. M,W,Th Layton Surf and Swim.
- Lifetime Fitness-Muscle strengthening and flexibility encouraged to maintain balance and agility throughout the aging years. 9-9:45 a.m. M,T,Th
- Oil Painting-the art of painting in oil paints. 9-12 p.m. M Oil Technique Instruction $15/3hrs. T 9-12 and Th 6-8 p.m. through Kaysville City Recreation.
- T’ai Chi-T'ai Chi is a Chinese exercise system that uses slow, smooth body movements to achieve a state of relaxation of both body and mind. 10-11 a.m. M,T,Th; 2:30-3:30 p.m. M,Th; 7 p.m. H
- Bingo- a game of chance where randomly-selected numbers are drawn and players match those numbers to those printed on cards. Prizes given. 10:30-11:30 a.m. M,W,F
- Water Color- the art of painting in water colors. 9:30 a.m. W
- Ceramics- preparing and painting ceramic green ware figurines. 12 noon-3p.m. W
- Lapidary-the art of cutting, polishing and engraving gemstones as well as making into jewelry and other stone sculptures. 8-11 a.m. T,F Wire wrapping by appointment.
- Doodle Art Class-Learn to draw pictures through doodling. 10-11a.m. T
- Square Dancing-country dancing with dancers in pairs, sets or circles, who dance to lively music with a caller to announce dance steps. Good for home schooled children. Classes begin each September. 12:30 to 3 p.m. T with the Kaysville Komets Square Dancing Club.
- Arts and Crafts Class-crochet, beading, crafting of all types offered. 10-12 noon Th
- Chi Quong- a Chinese system of breathing and exercise designed to benefit both physical and mental health. 10:30 Th
- Bridge-a partner’s card game. Fun to play! 12 noon Th
- Pinochle-a trick-taking card game typically for two to four players. 12 noon F