We appreciate your interest and encourage your involvement in the municipal election process. Please note that although we strive to keep this information current, election laws change regularly and rapidly. If you have concerns, feedback, or need additional information beyond that noted here, please contact the Deputy City Recorder’s office at 801-497-7008.
Municipal Elections in Utah are every two years. There are four (4) city council positions to be voted on this year:
- One (1) City Council position (2-year term), January 2020 - January 2022
- Three (3) City Council positions (4-year term), January 2020 - January 2024
The candidate filing period is between June 3 and June 7, 2019. Interested persons may file for office with the Deputy City Recorder at the Kaysville City Hall offices, 23 East Center Street during normal office hours.
The constitutional and statutory qualification requirements for municipal offices are:
- Be a United States citizen.
- The person is a registered voter in the municipality.
- The person will be at least 18 years old at the time of the next election.
- The person has been a legal resident of the municipality for 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the date of the election.
- Any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to vote or hold elective office is restored as provided by statute.
For more on how to register to vote and run for municipal office, please visit the Lt. Governor's Website
Important Election Dates and Deadlines
- June 3, 2019 - June 7, 2019: Declaration of Candidacy filing period.
- August 13, 2019: Primary Election (if needed)
- November 5, 2019: General Election