- Due to weather, Staker will not be removing asphalt today (Thursday) at the intersection, so there will be no closure. Closure will start tomorrow Friday April 13th (weather pending) and go through Monday.
- ATTENTION – Starting on Friday morning at 7 am, Staker-Parsons will be closing down the west approach (see attached figure) of the 200 N and Angel St. intersection to start removing the existing asphalt pavement. This partial closure only restricts traffic that would be utilizing the west approach (while other traffic will continue to operate) and will be in effect on Thursday April 12, Friday April 13th and Monday April 16th from 7 am to 7 pm. The west approach will be reopened (traffic will be on dirt surfaces, so please slowdown in the area) each evening at 7 pm and will remain open to traffic until 7 am the following day of closure, as listed above. Please plan ahead for delays and please be mindful of the impacts of speed and volumes on the surrounding residents.
- As the work on the west approach concludes, crews will then move to and focus on the south approach for 3 to 4 days, following the same schedule of 7 am to 7 pm. At the conclusion of the south approach, crews will then move to the north approach for 6 to 7 days, finishing with the east approach for 3 days.
- By the 1st or 2nd weekend (details will be released as they are determined) of May, crews will then be shutting down the entire intersection for a Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to perform the fine grading and the first lift of new asphalt pavement. An additional weekend closure will be required later in May to put the final asphalt surface in place at the intersection and to mill and repave portions of 200 North (from west of Wee Care to near Mtn Vistas Rd).
- Kaysville City Public Works recognizes the difficulties that residents and businesses have faced because of this project and we appreciate the Public’s patience, but we look forward to improvements to safety and traffic that this project will bring with it. Please contact Public Works at 801-544-8112, or at 721 W Old Mill Ln, if you have any questions or concerns. Thanks!